3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2003 1:09 PM by tlamarca

newbie to jboss authentication/configuration

stevecoh1 Newbie

I am a jboss newbie. I am porting a web-application-based system (no ejbs) to jboss. Our organization has purchased the jboss administration and development online book and have read the authentication chapter.

I need to use a custom database-based authentication system and have written one that extends UsernamePasswordLoginModule. I think I have written it well, but I can't quite figure out how to get the system to recognize it. I have modified my login-config.xml to add an application-policy element for my login module. What I can't figure out is how to point at that . According to the documentation, it seems as though I should reference that in my jboss-web.xml file.

But my application, which has been running up to now without an application policy doesn't have a jboss-web.xml file. What generates this? I should say that my application is deployed through an ear file.

It's a little unclear to me how all these configuration files fit together and if anyone can untangle this for me I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks