5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2003 6:49 PM by tysmeister

DatabaseServerLoginModule problems - please help ?

tysmeister

Hi,

I am having problems getting the DatabaseServerLoginModule to perform authentication and role based authorisation of remote EJB method invocations. I am running JBoss 3.0.3, and have seemingly followed the 'JBoss Administration and Development' doco with regards to the set-up to no avail.
      I am using the simple EchoBean3 EJB example, and application client that comes bundled with the doco.

Despite setting up the jboss.xml, ejb-jar.xml deployment descriptors to point to my preferred authorisation and authentication realm I am getting the following server-side security exception returned when calling create() on the Home interface;

java.lang.SecurityException: Insufficient method permissions, principal=15190003, method=create, interface=HOME, requiredRoles=[client], principalRoles=null

From this it is clear that the principal info is passed successfully, but the roles for the principal have not been retrieved from the DBMS. I am sure that the SQL is correct, and meets the requirements of the login module
      with respect to the location of fields in the result set.

I have attached copies of the ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml and login-config.xml files.

I would apprediate any tips that people might have with regards to this problem as I have pretty much hit a brick wall.

Thanks and regards,
      Andrew