Its tough to debug without seeing your associated configurations...
Make sure you have the following:
1. In login-confi.xml, make sure you have something like this:
<login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule" flag="required">
<module-option name="principalsQuery">select PASSWORD from SYS_USER where USERNAME=?</module-option>
<module-option name="rolesQuery">select userRoles, 'Roles' from USER_ROLES where username=?</module-option>
2. In your deployed app, you should have <security-domain>java:/jaas/budget</security-domain>
in your jboss.xml
3. In your ejb-jar.xml file, make sure you setup your security-role-ref and method permissions in your assembly-descriptor.
4. Make sure your you specify your login config on the command line when running, and that it looks like this:
Hope this helps. If it doesn't, attach your referenced files so we can see the details.
first of all thank you for replying my message. I already follow your instruction but i still got the problem.
I developed usng jbuilder8 and jboss3.20. I attach the sample program i made in the zip file (32kb) maybe there's some configuration i miss. Where i must put the configuration file.... I also capture the error in txt format.
Thanks Alot for the help
No problem. I've gotten lots of help around here, so I try to chip in when I can.
1. auth.conf. This is not correct. It should look like this:
It looks like you've got stuff in your policy file in there.
2. I see you included a login-conf.xml. This should actually be login-config.xml, and be located in the conf directory of your server (/server/default/conf). Other than that, it looks ok.
3. You didn't include your jboss.xml file. Make sure that you specify the policy in #2 above in there.
i still don't get it right. no error but i dont see any authentification happens also i try incorect user name and password but they both execute the protected method. I also want to ask how to use userpasswordHandler from jboss ? Thanks alot for the help.
ps : i also attach the small test program i made and all the jboss console view and the client view. I hope it help.
ok after trying and trying i finally got it. can i use the procedure for ejb that called the login context? Until now i just try from the client side?
THanks Alot For The Help