0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2003 6:14 AM by rza

DatabaseLoginModule + SSL

rza

Hi,

I would like to design J2EE architecture with EJB container and standalone client (Swing, AWT etc.).
      I would like that clients could login into EJB container.
      I have successfully configured Jboss 3.2.1 with DatabaseLoginModule and now I would like to add SSL connection when the login operation takes place.
      I don't know if it is possible?
      The documentation seems not to talk about it enough.

The standalone client I created has CallbackHandler class which perform login operation (sets login and password). It works perfect.
      But I'm not sure if it is good solution. Maybe I should create some session bean which will do it in the container. Is it possible??

I can't figure out how SSL can work with login operation from standalone client.
      I'm not sure if I'm right but reading documentation I understood that SSL connection can be performed with a bean whose we can point out in xml config file and if we perform login operation (LoginContext) from client application we don't connect with any bean, we just call login() method. So how it works??

Finally, I try to make some tests and I got the following exception:
      java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
      javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find trusted certificate

How to solve this problem??

Many thanks for any help.
      Regards,
      Robert