4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2003 8:50 PM by sgonzalez

JAAS Form-Based Login without using j_security_check...

gatep5

All,

I have been struggling with a problem for weeks. I would like to write my own login.jsp page but not use the "j_security_check" as the action. Instead, I am using Struts and would like to use a Struts Action to do the actual login. This works fine for logging into the EJB container (by using the LoginContext) but I have not been successful logging into the Web container. What happens is that I just get sent back to the login page when I would be sent to the secured area. I am using in my web.xml file a login-config section that specifies the login and error pages as well as the type. Since the realm element doesn't apply for form based login, that element is left out of the form-config. BTW, I am using JBoss 3.2.1 which was bundled with Jetty for the web container. There should be an easy and standard way of doing that, but I haven't found it yet. I have looked at the document on theServerSide that deals with JAAS and Struts, but I was not able to get that to work. Any help and suggestions is very much appreciated!

Keith