5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2007 4:24 AM by Damian Harvey

commandLink not working if rendered dynamically

Damian Harvey Master

I have a problem where the Ajax4JSF commandLink and commandButton don't work if they are rendered via an Ajax call. I'm using ajax4jsf-1.1.2-20070718.000117-113.jar and Seam 1.3.0ALPHA.

I have created a simple test to prove this. My TestBean:

package com.locuslive.odyssey.session;
      import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Logger;
      import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Name;
      import org.jboss.seam.log.Log;
      public class TestBean {
       @Logger Log log;
       private boolean toggle = false;
       public void sayHello() {
       log.info("*** Hello ****");
       public boolean isToggle() {
       return toggle;
       public void setToggle(boolean toggle) {
       this.toggle = toggle;

My test.xhtml page:
      <!DOCTYPE composition PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
      <ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
      <ui:define name="body">
       <a:commandLink id="sayHelloLink_1" action="#{testBean.sayHello}" value="Say Hello!" reRender="testDiv"/><br/>
       <a:commandLink id="toggleLink_1" action="#{testBean.setToggle(true)}" value="Turn on toggle" reRender="testDiv"/>
       <s:div id="testDiv">
       <s:div id="renderedDiv" rendered="#{testBean.toggle}">
       <a:commandLink id="sayHelloLink_2" action="#{testBean.sayHello}" value="Say Hello!" reRender="testDiv"/><br/>
       <a:commandLink id="toggleLink_2" action="#{testBean.setToggle(false)}" value="Turn off toggle" reRender="testDiv"/>

If I click on the first SayHello link, the method in the TestBean is hit and the message prints out in the logs. If I click the "Turn on Toggle" link, my div displays. If I then click on any of the links that have been newly rendered they do not work.

I have cranked up the log4j settings on my server and the big difference is that on the lines that work these entries appear:
      10:16:26,892 DEBUG [Contexts] found in event context: testBean
      10:16:26,892 DEBUG [RootInterceptor] intercepted: testBean.sayHello

whereas they are not there when a rendered link is clicked. Does anyone know what might cause this? Is anyone else having problems with rendered links?