0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2003 3:18 PM by jtvrab

SAXParseException in web.xml using <filter> tag

jtvrab

Using JBOSS 3.2.1 bundled with Tomcat 4.1.24, Struts 1.1, Oracle 9i on W2K server with JDK 1.4.1.

I'm trying to create a servlet filter to intercept j_security_check. I am including the following in web.xml

<!DOCTYPE web-app
      PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
      "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

with the following <filter-mapping> tags

<filter-name>LoginFilter</filter-name>
      <filter-class>com.blackdot.jw.filter.LoginFilter</filter-class>

<filter-mapping>
      <filter-name>LoginFilter</filter-name>
      <url-pattern>/j_security_check</url-pattern>
      </filter-mapping>

Pretty straight-forward stuff...but I see the following exception in the log file when I start JBOSS.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must match

When I attempt to load a JSP page from the app, the log file reports the following.

INFO [Engine] Exception initializing TldLocationsCache: XML parsin
      g error on file /WEB-INF/web.xml: (line 198, col 11): The content of element type "web-app" must match "(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,filter-mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-conf
      ig?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*)".
      13:37:38,269 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
      org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/tags/struts-logic" not found

I am at a loss. I've visited other forums and think I have everything covered. Any help?