3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2004 12:17 PM by pilhuhn

Jaas/ TCP restrictions

I am running Jboss 3.2.3 and have implemented a jaas login process to my application, which extends DatabaseServerLoginModule.

I am trying to find out if i can add additional parameters to the jsp page, or any other way of implementing TCP/IP restrictions on the login.

i.e.

user joe can only login from ip address 10.10.10.10, or within a range or ip addresses.

I can't find any documentation anywhere that shows how i could do this sort of security.

thanks in advance for any help.

Taggat.

• 1. Re: Jaas/ TCP restrictions
          starksm64

Transport it too far removed from the authentication process to allow this to occur within the jaas login module. You would need to integrate with the transport layer to enforce this restriction.

• 2. Re: Jaas/ TCP restrictions

in that case I will have to drop JAAS as the security for my application, or write my own servlet that handles the jaas logins, from there i can get the ip address from the HTTPServletRequest.

thanks anyway.

• 3. Re: Jaas/ TCP restrictions
              pilhuhn

I am not completely sure, if the web page protection kicks in before servlet filters are processed.
              If this is the case, why not write a filter that checks if the (authenticated) user is from the allowed address. If so, proceed, else kick him out again.