1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2004 1:59 PM by starksm64

JUnit & RMI over SSL

info2

Hi All,

I have set a CustomLogin module which provides security settings for a StatelessSessionBean. I have a swing client that uses RMI over SSL to connect and it all works fine. You can login an check it out at

http://www.adligo.com/demo.html
      bottom link

I use JUnit to test this code in a 2 teir environment (with out JBoss) and then I deploy the code in a 3 teir environment (Jboss in the middle).

I have spent the last few days trying to set up JUnit to test the 3 teir environment mode because I have bugs specific to this run mode.

I receive the following error when trying to connect from JUnit

main 09:42:04 org.adligo.persistence.ClientModule login ERROR line 161 -java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: 192.168.4.99; nested exception is:
      java.net.SocketException: Default SSL context init failed: signed overrun, bytes = 67
      java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: 192.168.4.99; nested exception is:
      java.net.SocketException: Default SSL context init failed: signed overrun, bytes = 67
      at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:580)
      at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
      at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
      at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:101)
      at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:135)
      at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:96)
      at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:46)
      at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:55)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor.invoke(HomeInterceptor.java:173)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:85)
      at $Proxy0.create(Unknown Source)
      at org.adligo.persistence.ModuleUtils.runEJB(ModuleUtils.java:194)

From my fiddlings I can say that the trustStore I am using chap8.keystore is getting located correctly by the JUnit client.
      Also the server is running SSL correctly since I can connect from a client outside of JUnit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
      Scott