JOSSO, or Java Open Single Sign-On, is an open source J2EE-based SSO infrastructure aimed to provide a solution for centralized platform neutral user authentication.
The 1.3 release includes the following significant changes :
* Support for JBoss 4.0.2 application server
* Support for Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.9 web container
* Compatibility with JDK5
* Enhanced build system for easier implementation of container compatibility plugins
* Avalability of a Jakarta Tomcat 5.5 and JBoss 4.0.2 bundles .
* Several bug fixes and minor enhancements
JOSSO main features include :
* 100% Java with JDK5 compatibility
* JAAS-based Transparent Single Sign-On across multiple applications and hosts.
* Built-in with a Pluggable Framework to allow the implementation of multiple authentication schemes and stores.
* Runs in JBoss 3.2.6+ and JBoss 4.0.2 application server.
* Runs in Jakarta Tomcat 5.0.27+ and Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.9 web container .
* Provides Identity information to web applications and EJBs through the standard Servlet and EJB Security API respectively.
* Supports Strong Authentication using X.509 client certificates.
* Comes with a Reverse Proxy component that can be used to create n-tier Single Sign-On configurations.
* Allows n-tier configurations using multiple strategies.
* LDAP support for storing user information and credentials.
* Database support for storing user information and credentials.
* XML support for storing user information and credentials.
* Avalability of Jakarta Tomcat and JBoss bundles.
* Client API for PHP. This allows to build SSO-enabled PHP applications.
* Client API for Microsoft ASP. This allows to build SSO-enabled ASP applications.
* Compatibility with Apache Pluto Portlet Container
* Standard Based: JAAS, Web Services/SOAP, EJB, Struts, Servlet/JSP.
* Commercial-Friendly. Released under the BSD License.
JOSSO Home Page
Download JOSSO 1.3