I don't have the answer to your problem, but you didn't use base64 encoding the value "098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6" is a hex encoded MD5 hash of the word "test". The base64 encoded value is "dGVzdA==".
Ooops, I got ahead of myself. The word 'test' as a MD5 hash encodes to:
Here's a small perl script that I used.
#!/usr/bin/perl use Digest::MD5 qw(md5_hex md5_base64); $digesthex = md5_hex('test'); $digest = md5_base64('test'); printf("Hex: %s\n", $digesthex); printf("Base64: %s\n", $digest);
echo -n "test" | openssl dgst -md5 -binary | openssl base64
does the same ;-)
Put the flags out; it works!
After switching from base64 to hex I also had to add the "ignorePasswordCase" with argument true because the hashed passwords in my database (generated by another system) uses uppercase characters in the hashes.
Thanks a lot for your help!