1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2009 1:44 PM by anil.saldhana

Forwarding to different webapps with given credentials (sing

mjustin

Hello newsgroup,

which is the recommended strategy to implement a central login page (JSP) in JBoss which can forward the user to other web application based on user access rights?

The current setup is: we have two web apps, secured with JAAS

<jboss-web>
      <security-domain>java:/jaas/app_1</security-domain>
      </jboss-web>

and

<jboss-web>
      <security-domain>java:/jaas/app_2</security-domain>
      </jboss-web>

which use basic authentication.

We need one central login form for all web apps, and a single sign on, so we need to figure out a way to forward the user to a web app using his login information, so that the second web app does not ask for name / password again.

In a new web app, we implement a login form for user name / password and a database lookup using these values, which finds the webapps the user is authorized for, and then redirects him to this web apps entry page.

I tried to use a sendRedirect with username/password encoded in the URL (http://user:pass@site/context), but unfortunately Internet Explorer did not accept the request.

I am reading about Single Sign On and Web Authentication (Programmatic Web Login) with JBoss but still I am not sure which path to follow.

All apps are on the same virtual host. We are using version 4.2.0 of JBoss.

Is this a standard problem with a best practice to solve it?