5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2002 4:43 PM by hchirino

Prefixing of topic/ to topic names

vineet

I am facing a problem while integrating a third party JMS Provider with JBOSS. The problem comes due to Prefixing of topic/ to the topic name ..which i guess is done by JBOSS for it self.As such a topic name by the name of testTopic becomes topic/testTopic .
      Can anybody tell how to overcome this. As in, is there any option in JBOSS which if enabled will not do this and my look up call succeeds ..
      thanx

• 1. Re: Prefixing of topic/ to topic names
          hchirino

In the current 3.0 beta you can change where the topic or queue is bound to in JNDI.

Example, Just change the:

So that it is:

testTopic

• 2. Re: Prefixing of topic/ to topic names
            vineet

Thanx for the response. I went to the website but all I found was JBOSS 3.0 alpha . Is it the same as suggested by you or JBOSS will have this download in future

• 3. Re: Prefixing of topic/ to topic names
              hchirino

To tell the truth I'm not sure if it made in 3.0 alpha.

• 4. Re: Prefixing of topic/ to topic names
                vineet

Hi,
                I had one more Question which i forgot to mention yesterday. You wrote that I can modify the JNDI location by giving .But as far as i gather, this will be possible for only the beans loaded by JBOSS at startup .While integrating with a third party JMS provider, I never mention the name of the topic in jboss.jcml . So the method that u have suggested will only work for the topics which are there for JBOSS JMS . Am i correct on this front ?

What i needed was a way in which JBOSS while looking up a topic in a third party JMS Provider looked up for topicName and not for topic/topicName

If you have any clues on this kindly help

Regards
                Vineet

• 5. Re: Prefixing of topic/ to topic names
                  hchirino

yes... this seems to be a design bug that is causing some hardships for the integration of other jms providers. Post a patch to SF that corrects the behavior (which also passes the testsuite) and I'll merge it into the CVS.

Regards,
                  Hiram