2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2002 3:40 PM by benandres

HOWTO: MDBs in JBoss consuming messages from other JMS Provi

max_goff

In one application, clients send JMS messages to a queue in FioranoMQ. Can MDBs be deployed in JBoss that will 'listen' to the messages sent to FioranoMQ. If yes, then how?

• 1. Re: HOWTO: MDBs in JBoss consuming messages from other JMS P

No, not by default. You would then have to integrate Fiorano into JBoss, which is an advanced task, if it is possible at all.

There has been some discussions on the list, you might be able to figure it out from that. The first thing you need to do is create a org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderAdapter for fiornao and load in i jboss.xml (jcml).

//Peter

• 2. Re: HOWTO: MDBs in JBoss consuming messages from other JMS P
            benandres

I tried with FioranoMQ 5.2.1 but couldn't get it to work. These were the reasons:

1. JBoss 2.4.4 insists on that "queue/" prefix.
            2. Fiorano creates directories whose names include the queue name, so it can't have queue names containing '/'.
            3. Fiorano's JNDI implementation is incomplete, so I couldn't create an alias for the queue. They have their own naming service, but I couldn't see an obvious way to create an alias in it, and I didn't dare try anything nonobvious.

We ended up writing an MBean to start listeners which would invoke the EJBs (which we were already doing from outside JBoss). It seems to work.

And, even if we could use Fiorano to feed MDBs, their nonsupport of ASF/XA limits their product's usability.