2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2008 3:51 PM by stonebits

event=

stonebits

I'm very new to seam (jboss-seam-2.0.0.GA) and I think this should have an obvious answer, but I have not been able to find it.

I have the following in my .xhtml file

<s:decorate id="curatorSelectionDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
       <ui:define name="label">curator Selection string</ui:define>
       <h:inputText id="searchString" value="#{personSearch.searchString}" style="width: 165px;">
       <a:support event="onkeyup" actionListener="#{personSearch.find}" reRender="searchResults" />
       </h:inputText>
       </s:decorate>

When I hit a character in the input field all that happens is that I get this message in the jboss background stream
      13:37:05,790 INFO [lifecycle] WARNING: FacesMessage(s) have been enqueued, but may not have been displayed.
      sourceId=shows:aRandomnameDecoration:name[severity=(ERROR 2), summary=(value is required), detail=(value is required)]

The java looks like
      public void find() {
       page = 0;
       log.info("Searching");
       queryPersons();
       }

(the log message is never shown)

Other info -- I tried inserting the log message into the find method in the booking demo and it works as expected (as does the demo)

I have
      <core:init jndi-pattern="@jndiPattern@" debug="true"/>

set so if I have referenced e.g., peopleSearch.searchString I get tossed into the JBoss seam debug page

if I try to add
      <remoting:remoting debug="true"/>
      to my components.xml file it blows up with "--- Incompletely deployed packages ---" message.

Any suggestions appreciated

• 1. Re: event=
          wbossons

If you use h:messages, then you will get more information about the message. The message in your log is saying that Faces Messages are in the queue, but there is no display because there is no tag to output the messages on the page. Try that to see if you can find more information.

<h:messages layout="list" showSummary="true" />

..\Wendy

• 2. Re: event=
            stonebits

Thanks -- that didn't seem to make a difference, but it got me thinking. The section of the xhtml that was listed

14:07:00,243 INFO [lifecycle] WARNING: FacesMessage(s) have been enqueued, but may not have been displayed.sourceId=shows:aNameDecoration:name[severity=(ERROR 2), summary=(value is required), detail=(value is required)]

shows:aNameDecoration wasn't the section which contained the actionListener.

When I commented out this section, the action was called

For reference the code that I commented out was
            <s:decorate id="aNameDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
             <ui:define name="label">Showname</ui:define>
             <h:inputText id="name"
             size="30"
             required="true"
             value="#{showsHome.instance.name}"/>
             <a:support event="onblur" reRender="curatorNameDecoration" bypassUpdates="true"/>
             </s:decorate>
            I traced this to the fact that I set required=true while the initial value was null

If I first type into the name field, everything works OK

I have to admit that this wasn't the behavior I was expecting.