0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2008 5:37 AM by vst777

AjaxStateManager state saving problem

vst777

Hi all.
      I have a problem with the ajax state handler using the following settings in the web.xml:

<context-param>
       <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
       <param-value>server</param-value>
      </context-param>

Assume I load page by clicking a link persons.faces. The page is shown corretly. After doing some ajax request on that page along with some rerendering I navigate to another page. Now comming back to the person.faces page by clicking its link the view shows up correctly. When I click the same link once again and again, sometimes another state of the page is loaded.
      I think the problem for this is in the ViewStateManager in the session. It seems to store multiple states of one page. I checked the session for this:

org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxStateManager.VIEW_STATES_MAP={
      /custom/login.jspx={_id1=[Ljava.lang.Object;@1815027}, /custom/company.jspx={_id4=[Ljava.lang.Object;@e3fa1d}, /custom/person.jspx={_id5=[Ljava.lang.Object;@19fcc3, _id3=[Ljava.lang.Object;@139af68, _id6=[Ljava.lang.Object;@21a1c1, _id7=[Ljava.lang.Object;@71ffc3, _id2=[Ljava.lang.Object;@2ae8f6, _id8=[Ljava.lang.Object;@4e7f56, _id9=[Ljava.lang.Object;@18a1b93}

As you can see there are several states for the person.jspx. Seems like one of these states is loaded when clicking on the page link. Is this the correct behaviour? Is there a way to configure it?

vst777