2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2002 3:43 AM by elabuschagne

Can I do this?

elabuschagne

I must decide which message queue software (preferably non-commercial) I must use for a distributed app. and JMS seems to be a good choice with JBoss as J2EE server.

I need guaranteed message delivery to the recipient which may be several machines away, eg.

Three machines A,B,C
      All three have JBoss running on them.
      The queues on A, B and C must act as one queue.
      If I publish a message at A then it must arrive at C where there are subscribers for this type of message.
      This must happen even though B or C may be switched off at time of publishing. If the message lies and wait at A,B or C and that machine dies (power outage, etc.) then my message must survive the outage.

In short:
      Queues on multiple machines act as one queue
      Queues sits on top of persistant storage
      Queues handles retries in case of network/server outage

Can this be done with JBoss as my J2EE server? If I know that this can be done, I will buy the docs and get going!

Etienne

• 1. Re: Can I do this?
          hchirino

JBoss supports persistent storage and recover from a system outage but the queues are not clustered.

Regards,
          Hiram

• 2. Re: Can I do this?
            elabuschagne

Thanks for the reply Hiram. Any suggestions on other open source products that will give this to me?

My main programming language is Python (so much faster to prototype) so Java based is not an absolute necessity.