0 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2002 5:20 PM by mryb

JBossMQ security question (JBoss 3.0)

mryb

Hi,
      I am using JBoss 3.0 RC1 (linux). I'd like to restrict publishing to a topic destination, but allow everyone access to subscribe to it. Can someone please help me with the following questions?

1. If a user has been authenticated via a client login module for EJB Access, does this also bind their user role access for the jbossmq domain? What I'd like to do is be able to have users login for ejb access, but then give all users the unauthenticated role of guest in the jbossmq domain. I *think* this may be how it works, but i'm not sure.

2. To restrict all publishing to a Topic Destination to a session bean I've set the run-as identity to be "publisher" for the bean. In my topic deployment descriptor I've specified that security role "publisher" have write access, however, the guest privledges are still being used when the session bean tries to publish to the topic. I have restricted write access for non "publisher" users. What am I missing? I've left to default jbossmq security domain settings.

Thanks, any help appreciated.