I'm using the JBossMQ 1.0.0 Beta standalone server and have a single topic setup with a single durable subscriber and multiple publishers. I'm noticing a significant degradation in performance (messages start to lag by minutes) after the 3rd or 4th publisher comes online and begins publishing messages.
My configuration is as follows:
1. Using the (non-transacted) UILConnectionFactory provided by the UILServerILService MBean
2. Using the rolling logged persistence manager
3. Each publisher is a separate jms user
4. Each publisher sends a small (<1k) message every two seconds.
5. The onMessage() method of the subscriber takes on average less than 2 ms to execute.
I did find a comment in the source code that said lots of small messages will degrade JBossMQ performance, but with such low bandwith, it seems unusual to have such considerable lag (and I don't experience any lag when there are only 1 or 2 publishers). Is this expected behavior, or am I missing something?
Can you tell me how you create the session(s) and then the publishers. Maybe it would be a good idea to publish the code otherwise we have not much to help you.