3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2003 5:31 PM by genman

Create durable JMS Destinations at Runtime

bigmarry

Does anybody know if it is possible and how to remotely create durable JMS destinations in JBoss at Runtime?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Create durable JMS Destinations at Runtime

I assume you mean a queue or topic that
          survives a reboot.

The only way to do this at the moment is
          to write an mbean deployment descriptor
          into the deploy directory.

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: Create durable JMS Destinations at Runtime
            bigmarry

At first thanks for the answer and sorry I was not more specific.

What I need is the following:

I have a setup program that runs on the same machine where JBoss is running. That setup program installs some MDB's that need persistent JMS destinations (in case the server stops, the messages are not lost).

My problem is that I do not want to restart the JBoss after this instalation completes and I want my MDB's to work.

With the MDB's I have no problem since JBoss makes the deployment "on the fly" but from what I have read the JMS destionations are automatically created for a newly deployed MDB but they are not persistent.

If you know a solution for this please let me know and if possible give me a quick example or some http references to read about it.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Create durable JMS Destinations at Runtime
              genman

Create the queues you would like to deploy in a xxxx-service.xml file and copy this file over to the running JBoss deployment. Messages in those queues will be persististed between reboots.