Can you try it with 3.2.2
There is a fix for stalling mdbs.
If that doesn't fix it enable TRACE for
So I can see what is going on.
I installed JBOSS 3.2.2 as per your advice. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem.
After that, I enabled the TRACE for org.jboss.jms
I am attaching two log files:
The server_first log is the one when there were no pending messages in the queue, I sent two messages but nothing happened.
The server.log is the one when I restarted the JBOSS server, the previous two messages were delivered to the MDB (QueueTextMessageBean), indicated by "This is message .." when the JBOSS server came up. I again sent two messages but nothing happened.
Actually the bug fixed in 3.2.2 was for jbossmq :-)
I don't see any difference between the two,
there are no errors.
There are 15 sessions waiting for messages but MQSeries
isn't delivering any.
I do see two messages processed during startup,
just after it enabled the connection.
First thing I would check is whether there is a deadlock.
ctrl-break on windows ctrl-\ on unix to take a threaddump.
Failing that, you'll have to find some way to debug
MQSeries, to discover why it isn't delivering messages.
I had a problem very similar a few years ago and it turned out to be as simple as adding a \ to the end of one path (forget which one now) in the MQ configuration file. Without it, the system couldn't figure out where to put things, but it never complained either.
Might be worth a try...