2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2003 10:57 AM by richieb

Configuration of UIL2 Connection Factory

cboyan

I am using JBoss 3.2.1 with very few changes out of the box. I am trying to connect to a JMS service from a client application so that I can listen for messages that are posted by server side components. The only JMS entry I can see in the JNDI View in the management console is for java:JmsXA - this is not visible outside of the server JVM (right?).

The jbossmq-service.xml file has a number of mbeans configured for various invocation layers

The default/deploy/jms/jms-ds.xml file has a connection-factory element that declares the JmsXA ConnectionFactory entry (mapped to java:/XAConnectionFactory) so I guess I need to add another entry for one of the other invocation layers.

I have scoured the JBoss Admin and Development book but I can't find any mention of the jms-ds.xml config file. Can anyone tell me how to configure a ConnectionFactory (and anything else I need) to connect to the message service from a separate client app?

Also ... all of the example code I have seen does a lookup for "ConnectionFactory" but I don't find this defined anywhere and can't see it in the JNDI view. Is this from an earlier version of JBoss or am I missing something else?

Here is the jms-ds.xml file that defines the JmsXA ConnectionFactory.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<connection-factories>

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
      <!-- JMS Stuff -->
      <!-- ==================================================================== -->

<!-- The JMS provider loader -->

DefaultJMSProvider

org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider

java:/XAConnectionFactory
      java:/XAConnectionFactory

<!-- The server session pool for Message Driven Beans -->

<depends optional-attribute-name="XidFactory">jboss:service=XidFactory
      StdJMSPool

org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSessionPoolFactory

<!-- JMS XA Resource adapter, use this to get transacted JMS in beans -->

<tx-connection-factory>

<jndi-name>JmsXA</jndi-name>

<xa-transaction/>

<adapter-display-name>JMS Adapter</adapter-display-name>

<config-property name="SessionDefaultType" type="java.lang.String">javax.jms.Topic</config-property>

<security-domain>JmsXARealm</security-domain>

</tx-connection-factory>

</connection-factories>

Thanks Colin

ps. I couldn't see any error messages in the boot or server logs either.

ssui

Have you checked
          oil-service.xml file located in the same directory?
          In this file, it defines ConnectionFactory as ConnectionFactoryJNDIRef

HTH

• 2. JMS Factories
            richieb

JMS factories are defined in deploy/jms/uil2-service.xml which defines how to connect to JMS from outside client. The connection factory is called "UIL2ConnectionFactory".

So to connect JBoss from a client program you have to do something like this:

context_ = new InitialContext (jndiProps);
            tcf_ = (TopicConnectionFactory) context_.lookup("UIL2ConnectionFactory);

where the jndi props are:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
            java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099
            java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

Of course, replace "localhost" with the hostname of the JBoss server.

HIH

...richie