5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2004 3:18 PM by adrian.brock

Use High Availability JMS to implement notification of param

xiangyangzhang

Now we are planning to use JBOSS 3.x to develop a product. Identical application runs over 10 nodes (Alteon is in the front of them to do load balancing). The configuration parameter in database could be modified in any node by using command line tool (parameter is just modified in database, not apply to this node). After that, this node should notify all of nodes (include itsself) about change. The nodes retrieve new parameter from database and apply to them.

We intend to use High Availability JMS to implement this function. Is it a correct choice ? Any commets are welcome.

Thanks !

• 1. Re: Use High Availability JMS to implement notification of p
          nandkumar

Hi I am using JMS JBOSSMQ.
          would like to configure for destinition persistence using oracle instead of HSQL:

I have done following steps
          Configure JBoss with Oracle database server for MDB
          1. Copy oracle-jdbc2-service.xml from JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/jms to JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jms
          2. Edit the DS name to your DS name, e.g. change from defaultDS to your datasource name (xlDS)
          3. Remove hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml in the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jms
          4. Add the destination in the (NOTE THAT DESTINATION WAS ALREADY DEFINE EARLIER when using HSQL database )
          jbossmq-destinations-service.xml in the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jms e.g.
          <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager

After above steps restarted JBOSS
          I get following would appriciate your feedback

14:54:17,130 WARN [JMSContainerInvoker] JMS provider failure detected:
          javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory not bound
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:169)

• 2. Re: Use High Availability JMS to implement notification of p
            jacyg

did you find a solution to this problem? i am getting the same problem.

• 3. Re: Use High Availability JMS - clustered MDBs

Hi all,

I have the same problem and have done some homework (see related links below), but come up short on how to get HAIL to work with a deployed MDB across two clustered JBoss servers so that the MDBs load-balance message handling of messages on the master node's JMS destinations.

Version: 3.2.4RC2 (April 13th drop)

The problem as I understand it is this...

Problem: since the JMS services are only deployed on the master node (e.g., HASingleton services), the MDBs deployed on other nodes cannot seem to connect to the master node's remote JMS Connection Factories , nor properly fail-over to the new master node either.

Here is some of the info I've found in my Forum searches, but nothing is beneficial in solving the problem at hand.

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=43899

HAIL currently only works inside a jboss server in the cluster, e.g. from an MDB.

Regards,
              Adrian

Hmmm.... seems like it should be working, but no joy.

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=42786
              Adrian wrote:
              1) In the connectivity section you state only nodes in the
              cluster can get access to HAJMS.
              Why can't they just lookup using the jndi of the remote
              cluster.
              If they use HAJNDI of the remote cluster they
              will easily locate where the singleton exists.
              If it is part way through a move, they may need to retry.
              This processing is already in the jboss MDB

Once again, it should be working, but how do you get the MDB's to re-connect on the new master JMS node?

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=45128
              No official answer on whether or not clustered MDBs are supported in HAIL at version 3.2.4RC2 (April 13th). And, if so, how to configure them.

Is an MDB's connection to it's factories controlled by all/conf/jndi.properties and HA-JNDI?

Do you need to define a different JMSProvider adapter in standardjboss.xml as an invoker that knows how to re-connect to the new master node when a JMS connection failed event is caught?

thanks,
              Jason

• 4. Re: Use High Availability JMS to implement notification of p

HAIL is not used in the 3.2.4RC2 drop

http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossMQHA

It is on the development tasks to make a real HA IL so you don't have to write
                ExceptionListeners to failover. MDBs already have one.

HA != load balancing

• 5. Re: Use High Availability JMS to implement notification of p

Please start your own threads rather taking other people's threads off on your
                  own agenda.