3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2004 9:48 AM by adrian.brock

FoeDeployer and ConnectionFactory's

timkk

Hi all,

I'm testing the FoeDeployer-Migration-Tool.
      The Tool cannot bind the ConnectionFactory and Topics under the right JNDI-Name.
      Here some examples from the server.log:
      2004-04-06 19:48:27,233 WARN [org.jboss.ejb.StatefulSessionContainer] No resource manager found for jms/ArtikelTopicConnectionFactory
      2004-04-06 19:48:27,233 WARN [org.jboss.ejb.StatefulSessionContainer] No resource manager found for jms/KundeTopicConnectionFactory

2004-04-06 19:48:27,452 WARN [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] destination not found: topic/KundeMDB reason: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: KundeMDB not bound
      2004-04-06 19:48:27,452 WARN [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] creating a new temporary destination: topic/KundeMDB

The Topic configured in WebLogic was topic/KundeTopic, but the FoeDeployer use topic/"BEANNAME".

How can I affect the migration condition or is it not possible?

thanx
      tim

• 1. Re: FoeDeployer and ConnectionFactory's

I don't think you want a temporary destination do you?

It only exists once the MDB is deployed and there is no mechanism to configure
          the security for them (other than the default security on the jms security manager).

You would be better off creating permenant queues like those in
          jbossmq-destinations-service.xml

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: FoeDeployer and ConnectionFactory's
            timkk

Ok, you are right.

I only want to know, if there you can affect the migration condition, so that the migration tool migrates the ConnectionFactory's from the weblogic to jboss.

Thanxs
            tim

• 3. Re: FoeDeployer and ConnectionFactory's

Yes, but you will have to create the Queues/Topics by hand.
              Just copy the jbossmq-destination-service.xml and modify it.
              The users and roles are configured in conf/jbossmq-state.xml

Regards,
              Adrian