0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2004 11:16 AM by astehman

mbean already installed - problem of recursive atttribute +

I was curious why I could not put the queue mbean entry in the jboss-service.xml in my app's sar file. Is it because I have set "RecursiveSearch" to True in conf/jboss-service.xml? Could this be causing the problem, since then during deployment the mbean file gets copied to myapp/tmp/server/myapp/deploy?

Every time I try to deploy a my app with a new Queue mbean with this configuration, it reports:
      --------------------
      10:41:43,460 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/cadmus_noncluster/deploy/3_rpm_server.sar/
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: create operation failed for package file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/cadmus_noncluster/deploy/3_rpm_server.sar/; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to install an already registered mbean: jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=ScheduleChanges)
      at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:202)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:784)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:639)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:613)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor19.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
      at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:549)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My attempts to alleviating this problem have included removing the server/myapp/tmp/deploy/server/myapp directory after shutting down JBoss (performed with ctrl-C) and restarting. No effect.

I moved the queue mbean configuration from my app's sar file to my app's deploy/jms/jbossmq-destinations-service.xml file and THAT worked. Note that it was moved, not copied - there were no duplicate entries, as confirmed by using grep -ir on the entire $JBOSS_HOME/server/myapp directory.