6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2004 9:35 AM by adrian.brock

Disable JBossMQ

dutchman_mn

How do you disable JBossMQ under JBoss 3.2.5 in the configuration? Normally, I would just remove the jbossmq-service.xml file but that file is in the configuration and I can't find a corresponding file in the configuration.

Perry Hoekstra

• 1. Re: Disable JBossMQ
          dutchman_mn

For some odd reason, when I posted, certain words were removed and the post makes no sense. The configuration in question is the all configuration.

• 2. Re: Disable JBossMQ
            genman

Rename the jms directory to jms# or remove it.

• 3. Re: Disable JBossMQ
              dutchman_mn

That is not an option because I rely the hajndi-jms-ds.xml file contained within the directory to point at my actual messaging system which is Tiibco.

Perry Hoekstra

• 4. Re: Disable JBossMQ
                genman

Please don't waste people's time. Next time ask a smarter question.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• 5. Re: Disable JBossMQ
                  dutchman_mn

Interesting reply.

Let's recape. I chose to post a question on the forum on how to disable JBoss's own internal JBossMQ service in favor of an outside server, in this case, Tibco. The way this was accomplished in the default configuration was to remove the jbossmq-service.xml file. However, in the all configuration, that file is not available.

Your response was to state that removal of deploy/jms directory would accomplish my aims. To which, I replied that in order to connect to Tibco, I depended on a file in the deploy/jms directory and therefore could not remove the deploy/jms directory.

Your final reply in this conversation was, of course, extremely illuminating and leads me to believe that you could not find your own posterier with a flashlight and a GPS unit. Your last response in this delightful conversation reinforces my opinion of the usefullness of the JBoss forums for support.

Good day.

• 6. Re: Disable JBossMQ

The JBoss forums are not for support.
                    That is what support contracts are for.

The JBoss forums are for answering technical questions, not hand holding
                    time wasters who don't want to do their own thinking/work.