hoping you can help me. I've written a simple application which has been running reliably on the sun j2ee reference platform. Having had optimisation problems, i was recommended to upgrade to JBoss.
this is a simple jms app which is not deployed within the JBoss env, but rather a standalone system which just uses the JMS queues provided by any j2ee server.
the subject of this post hints at what the symptom is, but here are some extra bits of info:
- it is based on J2EE 1.3, and i'm trying to use it on JBoss 3.2.6
- one queue listener only (many writers, but that's irrelevant)
- it works fine on sun's reference build
- i have made no code changes, i am only referecing additional jars (JBoss jars as recommended in chapter 6.1 of the doc) in my classpath (i've seen some people suggest the use of some jboss specific classes for the InitialContext etc - the examples in the doc don't use these - in chapter 6 - so i don't expect to have to either, right?)
- i specify the host on which the j2ee server exists, as recommended by sun, via the system property org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost.
Onto the technical details:
the call to
javax.naming.InitialContext jndiContext = new InitialContext();
works fine (that statement alone is in its own try-catch block, and no exceptions are thrown just yet)
the call to
javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory qcf = (QueueConnectionFactory)jndiContext.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
is what throws the exception, which is as follows:
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Can't find SerialContextProvider
(i've tried some of the recommendations posted of passing a Properties object to the initial context c'tor, but that just leads me onto problems other people have also had - such as SocketTimeoutException -, only these ones are generally unsolved in the forums).
Many many thanks for getting this far in reading this! :) Hope you can help
if you want a rainbow, you have to put up with the rain