2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2006 9:36 PM by maherhome

createTopicConnection hangs when connecting to a remote serv

pjw

I've been trying to get a JMS-client to createTopicConnection towards a remote server. My client is behind a firewall, the server outside of it. I am able to get an initial context and lookup ConnectionFactory, but when trying to createTopicConnection, everything just hangs...

I have opened the following ports between the two machines: 1098, 1099, 4444 (using default values from jboss-service.xml).

Running the two instances on the same machine is no problem.

I've also tried to start the server with

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=soisdev
       -Djava.rmi.server.useLocalHostname=false

And under the JNDI-header in jboss-service.xml, the following line is active (but don't know if this has anything to do with it):

<attribute name="CallByValue">true</attribute>

Any help would be appreciated.

best regards,
      Per Jorgen

sample code
      jndiProps = new Properties();
      jndiProps.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
      jndiProps.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", "jnp://soisdev:1099");
      jndiProps.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
      InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext(jndiProps);
      Object tmp = iniCtx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
      TopicConnectionFactory tcf = (TopicConnectionFactory) tmp;//Everything works fine until here
       //following line just hangs. The user has been configured in HSQLDB with right privilegesTopicConnection conn = tcf.createTopicConnection("pj","jp");
      Topic topic = (Topic) iniCtx.lookup("topic/myTopic");
      TopicSession session = conn.createTopicSession(false, TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
      conn.start();

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=55864 seems to address the same problem, but there were no answers, unfortunately