6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2005 9:30 AM by Chris Hembrow

Queue Priorities

Chris Hembrow Newbie

Hi

I have a system which has an http interface which takes a request, creates a wrapper object, and enqueues this object for asynchronous processing. When I hit this with a few requests everything works fine.

But when I start load testing, ie running 25+ concurrent threads each making 100+ connections one after the other, the time it takes to get a response from the request goes from 200-300 milliseconds to 5-15 seconds. If I disable the MDB on my queue, these times stay in the millis, so I know it's not tomcat that is causing the bottleneck.

What I want to know is if it is possible to lower the priority of the MDBs processing, without limiting the number of beans in the pool, so that the inbound request gets processed over an MDB.

If not, I think I may have to move my inbound request interface to another box, which puts requests on a remote queue, but I do not want to do this. The main concern is giving a response to the client making the request in the shortest time possible. This system will be periodically used to process 10000+ requests (by processing a CSV file) and I don't want to have to wait 5+ seconds per request

Thanks

pixel