1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2006 2:24 PM by npdavis

JMS configuration problem ( 3.2.6) to 4.0.4.GA

terrian

Any assistance would be appreciated.
      Migrating using 3.2.6 to 4.0.4.GA

(works) for 3.2.6

Getting this:
      07:26:07,569 INFO [DLQ] Bound to JNDI name: queue/DLQ
      07:26:07,639 INFO [ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service jboss.mq:name=RemoteMQProvider,server=localhost,ser
      vice=JMSProviderLoader
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No Attribute found with name: ProviderUrl
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.configure(ServiceConfigurator.java:318)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigurator.java:460)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:171)

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader"
       name="jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=RemoteMQProvider,server=localhost">
       <attribute name="ProviderName">RemoteJMSProvider</attribute>

<attribute name="ProviderUrl">jnp://localhost:1099</attribute>
       <attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass">org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider</attribute>
       <attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass">org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter</attribute>
       <attribute name="QueueFactoryRef">UIL2XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
       <attribute name="TopicFactoryRef">UIL2XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
       </mbean>

• 1. Re: JMS configuration problem ( 3.2.6) to 4.0.4.GA
          npdavis

Terrian,
          Yup, that's a 3.x config alright.
          here's one that works for me on 4.0.2. I can't guarantee that you don't have other stuff misconfigured. You are lucky, I had to figure this out for myself with no help, vague docs, and inapplicable examples 8)

ProviderName should be something you name (instead of SomeJMSProvider) so you know what it is later.

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader"
           name="jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=RemoteJMSProvider,server=192.168.11.201">
           <attribute name="ProviderName">SomeJMSProvider</attribute>
           <attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass">org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter</attribute>
           <attribute name="QueueFactoryRef">UIL2XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
           <attribute name="TopicFactoryRef">UIL2XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
           <attribute name="Properties">
           java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
           java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
           java.naming.provider.url=192.168.11.201:1099
           </attribute>
           </mbean>

The ProviderName attribute, and IP properties
          are the only thing that changes from connection to connection. My provider name and IP addresses changed to protect my company.

Are you sure this still isn't documented with an example? There's got to be an example somewhere by now. I had to figure this out right after 4.0.2 came out, when I migrated.

It was pretty painful when I was on my own. Hindsight is always 20/20.

-Neil