2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2006 10:14 PM by danielkalcevich

JMS Unknown Destination Error

danielkalcevich

I am trying to add a ObjectMessage to my JMS Queue and am getting an unknown destination exception. I am able to connect to the Queue on startup though. Any ideas what could be causing the error?

I am on JBoss 4.0.5-GA and am using a MessageProducer to attempt and sent the message to the Destination.

Daniel

-----
      Error:

org.quartz.JobExecutionException: javax.jms.JMSException: Unknown Destination Type [See nested exception: javax.jms.JMSE
      xception: Unknown Destination Type]
      at com.firstam.mlsdatachecker.quartz.BatchSchedulerJob.executeInternal(BatchSchedulerJob.java:108)
      at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:79)
      at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
      at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
      * Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
      javax.jms.JMSException: Unknown Destination Type
      at org.exolab.jms.message.MessageHeader.setJMSDestination(MessageHeader.java:194)
      at org.exolab.jms.message.MessageImpl.setJMSDestination(MessageImpl.java:301)
      at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageProducer.send(SpyMessageProducer.java:257)
      at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageProducer.send(SpyMessageProducer.java:206)
      at com.firstam.mlsdatachecker.jms.JMSConnector.sendObjectMessage(JMSConnector.java:229)
      at com.firstam.mlsdatachecker.quartz.BatchSchedulerJob.executeInternal(BatchSchedulerJob.java:97)
      at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:79)
      at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
      at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

------
      Queue Definition:

Code:

<mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
       name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=BatchProcess">
       <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
       <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>
       <attribute name="MessageCounterHistoryDayLimit">-1</attribute>
       <attribute name="SecurityConf">
       <security>
       <role name="mdc_user" read="true" write="true"/>
       </security>
       </attribute>
       </mbean>

• 1. Re: JMS Unknown Destination Error
          genman

Which JMS vendor are you using? You can't mix JBoss and EXOLAB JMS together.

• 2. Re: JMS Unknown Destination Error
            danielkalcevich

You're right. I had not properly removed the OpenJMS libraries from the app classpath. Once I did that, I was able to deliver messages to the queue. However, now my listener is not registering. I am attempting to register my Message Listener by setting it to my MessageConsumer; which is set by casting my queue from JNDI into a javax.jms.Destination.

Any ideas as to why my listener is not working?