7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2009 12:14 PM by mikle123

Queue Receiver hangs

mnones

Hi all,
      i've set 5 queues, they work fine in all runtime period, only one of these (the most stressed one with about 50000 messages) seems to lose the receiver (i see ReceiversCount=0 and QueueDepth=49409) and the messages in the queue remains unconsumed and the elaboration never ends.
      The real problem is that no Exception were throwed.
      When i restart the server, the receiver is back and the application works for a while.

Help appreciated!
      thanx to all.
      PS: sorry for my english!

• 1. Re: Queue Receiver hangs
          mnones

sorry i forgot to explain the environment, i'm using:
          jboss-4.0.5GA
          HP-UX 11.11
          j2sdk-1.4.2.11
          the JMS service is configured to store messages via Oracle 9.2.0.7.

Thanx to all.

• 2. Re: Queue Receiver hangs
            andydepe

I can't believe it! I'm experiencing the same problem.
            I' m looking for a way to control if the receiver is up and to reactivate it at runtime.

Anybody can help?
            THX

Andy

• 3. Re: Queue Receiver hangs
              mnones

The problem seems to be related to another instance of jboss-4.0.5 installed on another machine on the Lan...
              I've configured both jboss to isolate the system from each other as described here http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=TwoClustersSameNetwork.
              Both servers use "ports-1" configuration.
              Anyone can explain me how two jboss on the same lan, not configured in cluster, share the JMS service.
              Note that on the two jboss is deployed the same application (i.e. there are the same queues configured, maybe this is the problem?).

thanks to all.

• 4. Re: Queue Receiver hangs
                mikle123

Sorry for digging up this old thread but we seem to experiece exactly the same thing.
                Any solutions sugestions for the problem ?

• 5. Re: Queue Receiver hangs

Contiually digging up these old FAQs is pointless.

Nobody ever reads the answers - even if we could be bothered answering all
                  the repeat questions. Its like the DEBUG message containing an IOException I just answered for the 10,000th time.

That's why there is an FAQ page.

Just to prompt you in the right direction for the answer:
                  javax.jms.Connection.setExceptionListener(...)

• 6. Re: Queue Receiver hangs
                    ntsankov

What if I have 5 MDBs behind those queues and I get the same situation? Is this also covered in the FAQ? (I read it, but couldn't find a clue...)

• 7. Re: Queue Receiver hangs
                      mikle123

Adrian,
                      thanks for the answer and you are absolutly right i should have done some more research one the topic before posting.
                      Unfortunaly its seems not to be basic stuff like forgeting to set the Exception Listeners and handle the exeptions. However as i'm quite shure you have heared that many times i will double and tripple check for this.

By checking the forum i also found 2 topics which im cheking right now:
                      -http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=144840
                      -http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=58769

We are using Jboss 4.05 so I'm not shure if it will aply. Will it ?

Regards,
                      Mikl