2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2007 9:30 AM by jaikiran

JMS -JBoss -- where to define ConnectionFactory

hanumesh_m

I am working on a sample MULE application for Messaging, using JBoss4.2.1 & JBossMQ. I came to know that the steps are:

Step 1: Obtain a queue connection factory. A queue connection factory is used to create the queue connection object used to handle the connection to the message servers queue.
      Step 2: Create a queue connection. This is done by calling the createQueueConnection method on the factory object just obtained.
      Step 3: Create a queue session. A queue session is obtained from the queue connection, as illustrated below:
      QueueSession qs =
      qc.createQueueSession(false,
      Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

But I am aware of where to define the ConnectionFactory so that I can obtain the ConnectionFactory.

• 1. Re: JMS -JBoss -- where to define ConnectionFactory
          hanumesh_m

"hanumesh_m" wrote:
          I am working on a sample MULE application for Messaging, using JBoss4.2.1 & JBossMQ. I came to know that the steps are:

Step 1: Obtain a queue connection factory. A queue connection factory is used to create the queue connection object used to handle the connection to the message servers queue.
          Step 2: Create a queue connection. This is done by calling the createQueueConnection method on the factory object just obtained.
          Step 3: Create a queue session. A queue session is obtained from the queue connection, as illustrated below:
          QueueSession qs =
          qc.createQueueSession(false,
          Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

But I am not aware of where to define the ConnectionFactory so that I can obtain the ConnectionFactory.

• 2. Re: JMS -JBoss -- where to define ConnectionFactory
            jaikiran

The ConnectionFactory is available for you in the JNDI. You just have to lookup the same as follows:

Context iniCtx = new InitialContext();
            QueueConnectionFactory qf = (QueueConnectionFactory) iniCtx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");

Both the TopicConnectionFactory and the QueueConnectionFactory are available with the same jndi-name "ConnectionFactory".

For more details have a look at http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r1/html/ch6.chapt.html