4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2008 5:16 AM by sagimann

connection factories and JMS

sagimann

Hi,
      I've starting using JMS over JBoss not long ago, and I've been reading the docs over and over. Something is still not clear to me: when I send messages, I can configure a <tx-connection-factory> and reference it in my code/jboss.xml, so that messages I send go through that connection factory... BUT: where do I specify a connection factory for INCOMING messages?

Or maybe I don't understand something about JBoss architecture...
      thanks.

• 1. Re: connection factories and JMS

JMSProviderAdapter - try the FAQ

• 2. Re: connection factories and JMS
            sagimann

I have only found references for using tx-connection-factory for outgoing (sending) messages. Could you pls be a bit more specific?

tnx.

• 3. Re: connection factories and JMS

Ignored due to lack of effort by the questioner.

• 4. Re: connection factories and JMS
                sagimann

Are you referring to the Queue/Topic/FactoryRef ? Are they the ones used by the MDBs for inbound messaging? I will clarify my main concern:

When I produce messages using a connection factory that was defined using a tx-connection-factory, I can ensure that the credentials are obtained via a secure login module. This is possible because the tx-connection-factory may reference a security-domain.

When I consume messages, however, my MDB may only specify credentials as clear text (<mdb-passwd>, etc).

I was hoping that I could somehow use a tx-connection-factory definition for MDBs, so their credentials could be more secure. JMSProviderAdapter may provide means to define the inbound connection factories via Queue/Topic/FactoryRef but it does not integrate with a security domain - at least from what I was able to find in the docs. Am I wrong? Is there a better way of doing this?

thanks and sorry for the miscommunication.