8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 4:30 PM by mazz

Agent startup problem

Rafael Soares (Tuelho) Novice

Hi!

I configure the agents for start automatically when a platform need to be restart (S.O boot). But sometimes my agents don't start automatically by agent-wrapper.sh script on some servers.

This message's show in agent's log:

2008-11-18 13:29:34,515 FATAL [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.startup-error}The agent encountered an error during startup and must abort
       java.lang.IllegalStateException: The name of this agent is not defined - you cannot start the agent until you give it a valid name
       at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.start(AgentMain.java:480)
       at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.main(AgentMain.java:347)
      2008-11-18 13:29:34,539 INFO [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.shutting-down}Agent is being shut down...
      2008-11-18 13:29:34,638 WARN [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.server-shutdown-notification-failure}Agent failed to notify the server of the pending shutdown. Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException:null
      2008-11-18 13:29:34,638 INFO [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.shut-down}Agent has been shut down
      2008-11-18 13:29:34,810 FATAL [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.start-failure}Failed to start the agent
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: The name of this agent is not defined - you cannot start the agent until you give it a valid name
       at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.start(AgentMain.java:480)
       at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.main(AgentMain.java:347)

When I try start the agent manually it start normally without change nothing!

May be agent temporally lost any data or conf?! I don't know.

Any idea?

Thanks!