8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2009 3:51 PM by mazz

Java Script Error in GUI

nsyed4 Newbie

Please let me know if this needs to go to a different thread.

Browser: IE 7
      Java Script Error on the page rhq/resource/inventory/view.xhtml

Line: 11
      Char: 45
      Error: 'elements' is null or not an object
      Code: 0
      URL: http://lab1:7080/rhq/resource/inventory/view.xtml?id=500051

Perhaps due to the java script error, there is no scroll bar on the page to navigate through the page.

When I toggle between the tables(clicking on the two headed arrow) on the page /resource/inventoryview.xhtml?id-500051, I get the following error:

2009-02-10 10:27:38,577 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 10, 2009 10:27:38 AM javax.faces.component.UIInput updateModel
      SEVERE: /rhq/resource/layout/summary.xhtml @218,78 value="${ResourceUIBean.favorite}": Error writing 'favorite' on type org.rhq.enterprise.gui.inventory.resource.ResourceUIBean
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required request parameter 'mode' is missing.
      at org.rhq.core.gui.util.FacesContextUtility.getRequiredRequestParameter(FacesContextUtility.java:101)

And this happens when I click the tree of Servers and Services which is displayed on the top of the browser when I log in as Admin and in the left pane when I login as a non-admin user:

2009-02-10 10:29:35,448 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 10, 2009 10:29:35 AM javax.faces.component.UIInput updateModel
      SEVERE: /rhq/resource/layout/summary.xhtml @218,78 value="${ResourceUIBean.favorite}": Error writing 'favorite' on type org.rhq.enterprise.gui.inventory.resource.ResourceUIBean
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required request parameter 'mode' is missing.

The detailed error message is at: RHQ-1519

Thanks.

[/img]