3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2009 4:07 AM by mzeijen

Jopr server shown as being DOWN

mzeijen

On my Jopr 2.2.0 server I also have a RHQ agent. Before I upgraded from 2.2.0 Beta to 2.2.0 the RHQ Agent monited the JOPR server just fine. Since the upgrade it tells my that the server is down. How strange, because I am actually looking at it's userinterface seeing that it is down ;). What could be wrong?

• 1. Re: Jopr server shown as being DOWN
          mazz

When you upgraded the Jopr Server, you essentially installed a new server and the old server got decommissioned. So what is probably happening is you are seeing your old de-commissioned server's information.

You can import into inventory your new server to begin monitoring it.

• 2. Re: Jopr server shown as being DOWN
            mzeijen

"mazz" wrote:
            When you upgraded the Jopr Server, you essentially installed a new server and the old server got decommissioned. So what is probably happening is you are seeing your old de-commissioned server's information.

You can import into inventory your new server to begin monitoring it.

Yeah, I also thought that (Jopr server showed up two times at first) so I already threw away the whole platform from the inventory and rediscovered it by forcing a discovery run on the agent. The second Jopr server was gone, but the one that is still there still shows up as DOWN.

• 3. Re: Jopr server shown as being DOWN
              mzeijen

The problem is related to https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JOPR-206.

So I ran Jopr from a symbolic link directory. By changing the symbolic link to the actual JOPR location I solved the problem.