3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2002 12:03 PM by adrian.brock

ordering of JMX MBeans in JCML

arshrp

Anyone see any problem with moving the JMX Adaptor MBeans (JMXAdaptorService, RMIConnectorService, HtmlAdaptorServer) up higher in the JCML file, specifically right above the EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX MBean? They are currently quite a bit below the Catalina MBean but I need them to be before because I have a servlet that I need to load-on-startup (which obviously the Catalina MBean would do) and that servlet does "new RMIClientConnectorImpl(serverJNDIName)" (which the JMXAdaptorService MBean would do) in its init method.

Obviously if the JMX MBean is below the Catalina MBean then the init method of the servlet will fail because the JMX MBean will not have been started yet.

It seems to work ok (once I make the move) but I just want to make sure I won't be causing big trouble in JBoss later on :)

• 1. Re: ordering of JMX MBeans in JCML

I don't see a problem with this.
          I think the only real dependency is the NamingService.

Since you are inside the same VM, why aren't you using
          the MBeanServer directly?

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: ordering of JMX MBeans in JCML
            arshrp

The only reason is because in our application, JBoss could potentially be running on a different machine than the servlets. If using the RMIClientConnector because problematic than we will force the users to have their servlets hosted on the same machine as JBoss but we don't want to force that if we don't have to. Please let me know if you have any opinions on this strategy.

• 3. Re: ordering of JMX MBeans in JCML

The RMI connector is better if you aren't sure where
              the servlet will run.

Regards,
              Adrian