2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2003 3:44 PM by andyf451

-service.xml is causing jar to be deployed twice(3.2.1)

ioparra

I have user-service.xml that depends on a common.jar. During deployment, I get this:

11:47:13,709 WARN [ClassLoadingTask] Duplicate class found: com.activereasoning.exception.DataException
      Current CS: (file:/C:/jboss/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/common.jar/28.common.jar <no certificates>)
      Duplicate CS: (file:/C:/jboss/jboss/server/default/deploy/common.jar <no certificates>)
      ---
      I tested the environment for a while and found that common.jar was attempting to be deployed twice.

I tested this theory by create a management-service.xml in the management directory. This service had 1 line:

Jboss gave this error.
      11:47:13,709 WARN [ClassLoadingTask] Duplicate class found: org.jboss.management.mejb.MEJBSession
      Current CS: (file:/C:/jboss/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/management/ejb-management.jar/28.ejb-management.jar <no certificates>)
      Duplicate CS: (file:/C:/jboss/jboss/server/default/deploy/management/ejb-management.jar <no certificates>)

Same thing.
      Is there a way to have a classpath entry in the -service.xml without having this warning?

-Ivan
      Jboss3.2.1/JDK1.3.1/Win2KProf

Sorry for the repost.. after thinking about it for a while, i realized this question is more of a JMX issue than a configuration issue.

• 1. Re: -service.xml is causing jar to be deployed twice(3.2.1)
          ioparra

I've continued testing:

1) when -service.xml encounters a class-path entry it calls DeploymentInfo.addUrl(), which checks the repository for a deployment and adds the url to the repository.

The problem is that this URL is in the deploy directory, NOT a copy to the tmp directory.

2)if the jar is in the deploy directory, the scanner picks it up and attempts to deploy it. In this case, the MainDeployer makes a copy to the TMP directory and deploys based on the TMP URL.

Subsequently, it complains that 2 jars that have been deployed have the same class file. This also has the unfortunate side affect of locking down the file in the deploy directory.

This sounds like a bug to me.

-Ivan

• 2. Re: -service.xml is causing jar to be deployed twice(3.2.1)
            andyf451

I had exactly the same problem. I ended up having to put the common jar file in the lib directory (instead of deploy dir) - that seems to work fine.

-andy