2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2003 8:51 PM by a1ik

Scheduler deployment/usage problems

a1ik

Hi,

I am using jboss 3.0.3. The application is deployed in server/name/deploy directory as a set of jar archives. When I added scheduler service as it is described in "JBoss Administration and Development" book, I had to put my target Schedulable class in server/name/lib directory and include the following to -scheduler-service.xml:

All my attempts to place target-class.jar into deploy directory ended with class not found exception at jboss startup time. I guess I can live with the target class located in lib directory, however now I experience another problem: my target object can't find my application classes located in deploy directory.

I am sure I am missing something. I read all available documentation about jboss Scheduler usage but couldn't find any answer for my problems there. I will greatly appreciate any help.

--Alik

• 1. Re: Scheduler deployment/usage problems
          a1ik

I discovered that if I deploy my scheduler-service.xml after jboss is started scheduler finds my target class located in jar archive in server/name/deploy directory. I guess the question now is how to make jboss to deploy scheduler service after my application has been deployed?

• 2. Re: Scheduler deployment/usage problems
            a1ik

In case anyone cares, the following simple trick let me control the order of deployment: I added two digit prefix to the names of my jar anf xml files. It makes jboss to deploy my archives and services in the given order.