2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2006 4:47 AM by creenmachine

Order of XMBean attributes in MBean Inspector

gunterze

In JBoss 3.2.3, the MBean Inspector page of XMBeans lists the attributes in the order, in which the attributes was declared in the xxx-xmbean.xml descriptor. With JBoss 3.2.5, the order of XMBeans attributes is no longer preserved, but the attributes are listed sorted.
      I really miss the possiblity to define the display order of the attributes. I don't want to have to use name prefixes to group related attributes on the page.

• 1. Re: Order of XMBean attributes in MBean Inspector
          gunterze

Ok. I found the new sort statements in inspectMBean.jsp, so I could disable them for XMBeans:

if (!("org.jboss.mx.modelmbean.XMBean".equals(mbeanData.getClassName())))
           {
           Arrays.sort(attributeInfo, MBEAN_FEATURE_INFO_COMPARATOR);
           Arrays.sort(operationInfo, MBEAN_FEATURE_INFO_COMPARATOR);
           }

• 2. Re: Order of XMBean attributes in MBean Inspector
            creenmachine

Hello,

A reply to an old message, I know... but I still hope someone is watching :-)

I am having the same "ordering" problem... Example:

UnzipDir
            Bcc2
            Bcc4
            Date
            Bcc1
            EmailAdres

As you can understand, I would like to see at least the Bcc attributes in the right order... The problem is that I cannot find ANY xml file that contains one of these attribute values...

We are using JBoss3.2.3, so if I understand things right there should be an xml file somewhere that contains these values in this strange order, right??

Thanks in advance!

Regards
            Frank...