1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2005 12:38 PM by krishna505

Error: MBeans waiting for other MBeans

krishna505

I've been trying to migrate an application from JBoss 3.2.1 to JBoss 4.0.1. I've created a new deployment directory under 'default server'. And added MBean entry for this in '/conf/jboss-service.xml' file. When I start up JBoss I get the following error message....

===========================================
      ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:
      MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
      ObjectName: jboss.deployment:flavor=XXX,type=DeploymentScanner
      state: CREATED
      I Depend On: jboss.system:service=MainDeployer

Depends On Me:

MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM:
      ObjectName: jboss.deployment:flavor=XXX,type=DeploymentScanner
      state: CREATED
      I Depend On: jboss.system:service=MainDeployer

Depends On Me:

============================================

JBoss shows the message that application has deployed successfully, but **I could not access my application from browser (Error 404)**. The very same application work in JBoss 3.2.1, with out a problem. However I was able to acess 'web-console' from the browser.

I have no clue what the problem is. I've spent lot of time trying to fix this, but could not. Please let me know a solution for this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
      Krishna

• 1. Re: Error: MBeans waiting for other MBeans
          krishna505

I don't see error message in server.log any more. But, I am not able to access my web application from the browser though (error 404).
          Here is what I did to get rid of the eror message. I gave a different port for the 'default' server in the file "default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat50.sar\server.xml" ...

<Connector port="8082" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
          maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
          enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
          connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"..

I tried the following to make sure that my web app is being deployed correctly and using correct context path and vhost.

- verified correct vhost name being set in JBoss-web.xml file
          -created a vhost in server.xml file and used the same in JBoss-web.xml file
          - When above didn't work, disabled JBoss-web.xml and named the war file same as the context path that I needed for this web application

Server.log clearly shows that the web app is being deployed like...
          ==========================================
          [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/myApp, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp32641myApp-exp.war/
          ==========================================

I'm able to access 'jmx-console' and 'web-console' , but my web app. Any any help in this regard is greatly appreicated. Thank you.