1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2005 10:35 AM by jameshr

NoClassDefFoundError with 3.0.2 scheduler-service.xml

jameshr

I was trying to setup my own 3.0.2 scheduler based on the org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler example provided in scheduler-service.xml. The example works fine out-of-the-box, but then I tweeked the SchedulableClass attribute to point to my class and the deploy fails with:

06:59:26,062 INFO [ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service jboss:service=Scheduler
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute javax.management.Attribute@24ed78 on mbean jboss:service=Scheduler; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/varia/scheduler/Schedulable)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.setAttribute(ServiceConfigurator.java:467)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.configure(ServiceConfigurator.java:338)

So, I'm puzzled - the org/jboss/varia/scheduler/Schedulable class resolved just fine before my tweek! Naturally, my class and the example class both implement the Schedulable class.

Any help appreciated,
      J

• 1. Re: NoClassDefFoundError with 3.0.2 scheduler-service.xml
          jameshr

By the way, "my class" mentioned in this post is part of both a deployed ejb module and a web module. It's like the class loader is limited to the scope of those classes. Naturally, if I start pulling sys classes there, it just wants more and more...

Next, I'll try pushing classes back toward the system deployed jars side and see what happens.

J