0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2006 2:00 PM by mtihepner

loading classes for an mbean from outside the WAR file

mtihepner

I'm trying to deploy an MBean using an XML descriptor. The classes for the MBean are located in my WAR file. For example classes would exist here:

deploy/webapplication.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/example/mbeans/TestMBean.class
      deploy/webapplication.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/example/mbeans/Test.class

I put the descriptor for this inside the user-service.xml in the deploy directory. Like this:
      Code:

When jboss attempts to deploy the user-service.xml it can't find a classloader for the classes:

09:56:21,583 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.3SP1/server/default/deploy/user-service.xml
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No ClassLoaders found for: mil.navy.fnmoc.pel.services.mbeans.CacheMonitor; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: mil.navy.fnmoc.pel.services.mbeans.CacheMonitor)

How can I load these classes from outside the war file?

IS the load repositry tag the answer? The way I understand it the loader repository tag will limit the scope of my classes inside the war file. It seems to me that this is already the case. Am I trying to use this incorrectly?

thanks for the help,
      Tim