1) It's all in memory.
2) You can access it remotely over the JMX Adaptor.
3) there is no auto-refresh (unless you want to add it)
4) for mapping notification one possibility would be to use the http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ScriptingListener
1) the table would then lose all its data after a jboss restart.
Have you thought about persising the data somehow?
4) This seems quite a convoluted way. Would it be possible to have something like:
This would apply only if the notification does not carry a severity.
Sure, a lot is possible, like extend the ActiveAlarmTable to use hibernate for persisting the alarms, or create some relatively simple xml driven mbean, for simple custom notification to active alarm mapping.
I just don't have the cycles for this now, so if someone wants to volunteer I can provide directions... :)