6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2008 11:23 PM by venkat.sadasivam

rich:tree state

bobbiee

Hei, I created dynamic rich:tree. The problem is, that everytime I perform server request, this tree lose his state (every node is collapsed again like on the begining). I would like to ask, if is it possible for this tree to somehow remember his state after server request?

Thanks in advice.

Lukas

• 1. Re: rich:tree state
          bobbiee

I found out. Its only to assign componentState attribute with value from backing bean, then it works.

I have another thing to wonder about. My page is divided into 2 parts. First part contains rich:tree, content of the second part depends on which node is clicked from tree. I am thinking about how to render (on click in tree) only this second part (without rendering whole page). Cant use a4j:include, cause I dont want tree to be rerendered.

Any sugestions?

• 2. Re: rich:tree state
            venkat.sadasivam

Hi Lukas,

I too have same problem in preserving tree state. Should I have to pass tree node id for the attribute componentState?

Please guide me.

Thanks,
            Venkat

• 3. Re: rich:tree state
              bobbiee

Hi Venkat,

which switch do you use for your tree??

• 4. Re: rich:tree state
                venkat.sadasivam

Hi Lukas,

I use "client" switch. When a leaf node is selected I reload the whole page.

thanks,
                Venkat

• 5. Re: rich:tree state
                  bobbiee

So your problem is that when you change view by clicking tree node, you reload whole page? Look inside your faces-config.xml file and delete all navigation rules inside there. This is the cause of the "ajax request cause non-ajax request" and reloads whole page.

• 6. Re: rich:tree state
                    venkat.sadasivam

I resolved this issue by keeping TreeState in the session scope.