2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2002 6:08 AM by pschwein

Please help. Unable to run first example.

vpalasi

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to learn JBoss. I use a Windows 98 machine. I have downloaded the JBoss/Jetty installation and I have followed the instructions included in "First Steps" chapter of the "Free volunteer documentation". Everything worked well.

But I cannot run the first example (intro-interest) included in third chapter. When I do "ant intro-interest-client", I get the following error message:

intro-interest-client:

compile:

interest-client:
      [java] Got context
      [java] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: interest not bound

It seems to me that jBoss is not loading the JAR file (nothing appear at the server console when this file is copied to the deploy directory). I tried to shut down and start again the server but this is useless.

The same problem is reported in another post at this forum but it got no replies. I don't know what to do and I'm desperate.

Please, can someone give me help to run this example?

Thanks a lot,

Vicent Palasí

• 1. Re: Please help. Unable to run first example.
          pschwein

Are you running the client example or tring to get to it from tomcat?

Try addding the following to the code:

Properties jBossProperties = new Properties();
          jBossProperties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
          jBossProperties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost:1099");
          jBossProperties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
          jndiContext = new InitialContext(jBossProperties);

I pasted this from a number of different places, so bare with it not compiling.
          If you are running something for out side the jboss jvm, you need to specifiy the which jndi tree you want to lookup.

Normally this is done in the jndi.properties, but this will work as well.

• 2. Re: Please help. Unable to run first example.
            pschwein

Are you running the client example or tring to get to it from tomcat?

Try addding the following to the code:

Properties jBossProperties = new Properties();
            jBossProperties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
            jBossProperties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost:1099");
            jBossProperties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
            jndiContext = new InitialContext(jBossProperties);

I pasted this from a number of different places, so bare with it not compiling.
            If you are running something for out side the jboss jvm, you need to specifiy the which jndi tree you want to lookup.

Normally this is done in the jndi.properties, but this will work as well.