3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2002 12:10 PM by mukesh

Not working

mack81

Hi there all.I have a problem running Jboss and Catalina together.I get some errors in the server log when starting JBoss.
      Here is what I do:
      -start Catalina: startup.bat
      -start Jboss with Catalina:run_with_Catalina.bat
      Here is the error I get:

LifecycleException: null.open: java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConnector.java:1116)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:962)
      at org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.startService(EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.java:245)
      at org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:103)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      at org.jboss.configuration.ConfigurationService$ServiceProxy.invoke(ConfigurationService.java:967)
      at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.util.ServiceControl.start(ServiceControl.java:79)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      at org.jboss.Main.(Main.java:208)
      at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:110)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:106)

Is this an error or not?Does that mean that Catalina and Jboss are started successfully in the same JVM, and I don't have to worry about anything?
      Anyway, I'm trying to deploy an .ear in the deploy directory of JBoss.There are no errors, but still I cannot access my servlets.Catalina says the servlet is not available.Are there further configurations to do in Catalina?I read that the Jboss deployer does all the work.All I have to do is supply a valid ear file(compliant J2EE).
      I'd appreciate any replies.My system is Windows NT workstation 128Mb RAM.
      You can write me to mariusc@algoritma.ro

• 1. Re: Not working

Don't start tomcat first if you are going to
          use run_with_catalina.
          You'll end up with two copies and the second one cannot
          start (your error).

The catalina startup.bat command is for using tomcat standalone, i.e. as a client of jboss.

Since you have an ear I suggest you want to run
          catalina/tomcat embedded. This is what is done by
          run_with_catalina.bat

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: Not working
            mack81

Thanks a lot Adrian.I knew it was something really simple.
            It works just fine now.Ihope next time I'll have a more interesting and difficult problem.(and not something stupid like this one)
            Marius

• 3. hi all can anyone help me
              mukesh

i am getting problems in starting jboss. after setting the path and classpaths when i start jboss it gives a null pointer exception and does nothing.
              plz anyone help me