3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2002 4:33 AM by kpseal

"EAR not deploying in 3.0.0" chestnut...

kpseal

I know this seems basic. I suspect the answer is trivial once you've got it. That's why it's killing me!

I have 3.0.0 RC1 installed on my machine.
      It seems to start up without complaint.
      There's an EAR file in /server/default/deploy.
      Its name is webtest.ear
      It isn't deployed when JBoss 3.0.0 starts.
      It's as if it isn't even there.

This is driving me up the wall! I've got plenty of EARs working in 2.4.4. so why does 3.0.0 just stare blankly back at me?
      I can see from various posts to these forums that I'm not the only one encountering this. With a bit of luck I'll be the first to get an answer!
      Please could someone stand up and tackle this head on for me 'cos it's absolutely fundamental!

• 1. Re: "EAR not deploying in 3.0.0" chestnut...
          kpseal

It would seem that this might be caused by cluster-service.xml.
          When this file is removed JBoss seems to start up and grab the EAR file.
          Could it simply be that this file is incorrect or that there's a problem with the clustering in RC1?

• 2. Re: "EAR not deploying in 3.0.0" chestnut...
            timfox

why not use rc2 or rc3?
            deployment of ears works fine for me in that...

• 3. Re: "EAR not deploying in 3.0.0" chestnut...
              kpseal

I only downloaded it yesterday - how more recent does it get?! I'm not too fussed about having to build my own from CVS - things are tight enough already!

As I said above, this seems to have been caused by the cluster service failing to start and just hanging (so not quite a perfect startup after all). I was a bit confused that JBoss shipped with a cluster-service.xml file that caused JBoss to fail to start on my (and other) machines. Is it best just to remove this file or comment out the channel bean in it?