9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2002 6:58 AM by kbaker

jetty-plugin.sar

keithcsl

Hi

In JBoss3.0RC3, jetty is deployed in jetty-plugin.sar. I would like to change the port from 8080 to 9080. But the xml file is in the sar file.

I tried to modify the file and put it back in the sar. However, it failed to deploy after that.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Keith

• 1. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
          rdoust

I think that if you run jboss with -Djetty.port=9080 you'll get what you're looking for. If you're running in a Windows environment, set and environment variable called JAVA_OPTS=-Djetty.port=9080 and then run jboss using the script. It works for me.
          Rich

• 2. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
            dsudduth

How did you find this setting? Is there a reference as to the Jetty settings within JBoss?

• 3. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
              rdoust

Somewhere in the Jetty docs I think. This has more to do with Jetty than it does with JBoss.

• 4. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
                dsudduth

Thanks! Is there any way to setup more than one Jetty listener without creating an entire new JBoss instance? In other words, I want 5 Jetty HTTP listeners on ports 9090, 9091...9094 utilizing JBoss.

• 5. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
                  rdoust

You might have more luck posting this question over on the Jetty mailing list. I haven't tried to do what you're asking, but it seems to me it should be possible.

• 6. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
                    keithcsl

Thank you very much. I will try the JAVA_OPTS options.

• 7. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
                      sieve

The sar file is a war file is a jar file. If you explode the jar file (jar xf jetty-plugin.sar), edit (emacs META-INF/jboss-service.xml), then jar it again (jar cvf ..\jetty-plugin.sar *), it deploys just fine.

• 8. Re: jetty-plugin.sar

in 3.0.1RC1:

- jetty-plugin.sar has been rebranded jbossweb.sar
                        - it is deployed unpacked (to make editing jboss-service.xml easier)

If you are looking at doc on jetty.mortbay.org then everywhere you see jetty.xml think the ConfigurationElement attribute in the jboss-service.xml, since this is where it is now embedded into the larger JBoss descriptor.

Yes, you can do anything in this ConfigurationElement that you can do in a jetty.xml - including adding multiple listeners....

Jules

• 9. Re: jetty-plugin.sar
                          kbaker

So when I setup multiple listeners with the jetty-plugin.sar... how do I then bind specific .ear files to them?

concept would be....

jettylistener:8081 --> application1.ear
                          jettylistener:8082 --> application2.ear
                          jettylistener:8083 --> application3.ear